BioAdapt® Demineralized Bone Matrix is comprised of 100% donated human musculoskeletal tissue. BioAdapt DBM provides an open matrix which allows for bony ingrowth, as well as exposure of a full range of proteins known to induce the signal for bone formation.1*
DBM or representative finished product from each lot of the BioAdapt® DBM implant is either assayed in vivo in the modified athymic rat for bone formation or in vitro for endogenous bone morphogenic proteins (BMPs) as surrogate test markers for osteoinductive* potential. Only BioAdapt® DBM implant with osteoinductive potential is released for distribution. Findings from an in vitro assay or animal model are not necessarily predictive of human clinical results.
Regulatory approvals vary by country. Therefore, we kindly ask you to contact the distributor in your region regarding availability of specific products, implants and / or instrumentation in your region.
- Absorbs more than 5x dry weight in fluid
- Expands with hydration to provide a contoured fit to the bony defect
- Retains hydrating fluid at the site
- Can be rehydrated with various types of fluid, including but not limited to Bone Marrow Aspirate (BMA), patient’s blood or sterile saline
- Easily mixed with autograft or allograft
- Can be rehydrated multiple times
- Water insoluble
- 70% DBM by weight
- Offered in various pre-shaped options
†Technical data on file at RTI Surgical.
Cancelle SP® DBM Sterilization Process and BioCleanse® Tissue Sterilization Process